Friday, October 15, 2010

Christmas Show

Well, it looks like the Christmas show is not going to work out.  We really wanted to do "A Christmas Story". 

When we applied for the license, the publishing company said it was "restricted".  That usually means someone in your area is doing the same show at about the same time.  We looked through all the web sites we could find for theatres in our area, from Provo to Ogden, and I checked with the high schools.  We can't find anybody doing it, but we can't get permission to do it.  Perhaps a traveling company is doing it. 

Anyway . . . it looks like we won't be doing a Christmas show this year.  I would still like to do this show, so we are hoping for next year. 

In the meantime, we are discussing "The King and I" for our summer show.  I still have to talk with Bill Gochis to make sure we can use the high school, but I think we'll be ok.  I hope, anyway.

My favorite musical joke: 

You know you're a redneck when you think "The King and I" is a musical about you and Elvis.

Anyway, if anyone out there is reading this, let us know what you think about "King" -  also, we would really like to do "The Nerd" again sometime soon.  It's a great show - so funny.

We have two Halloween Make-up classes left! 

Come join the fun.  We will be doing adult faces :  witches, skeletons, etc.
and
blood, gore, spooky skin, prostheses (chins, noses, horns, etc)

If anyone would like to donate 3 million dollars, we would name the theatre after you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment